The main principal behind the bulletin is to spark an interest in other languages and cultures and introduce all children within our feeder primary schools to a new country each month.
The bulletin will include:
- Fun facts about the country
- Links to resources
- Saying the register - a challenge for children to answer the register all month in the target language.
- Links to Memrise - an app we use for learning vocabulary. Children create an account, practice the vocabulary set and earn points. I will monitor this and notify each school of highest ranked and most enthusiastic learners each month (for individual schools and across all schools)
- An independent learning challenge
- Meet the staff at St Bede's - including some fun facts about us all
By the end of the academic year, children will have been given the opportunity to explore the culture and language of 10 different countries!
Mrs M Marsland
(Teacher of MFL and International Co-ordinator at St Bede's Catholic School & Sixth Form College)